The primary problem we face is that we’re the best multilingual solution for small businesses that no-one has heard of.
Because of this, we are trying to improve our branding. One thing you might have noticed yesterday is a little Multilingualizer badge appearing in the bottom left corner of your site. The intention of this badge is to inform your visitors of the effort you have put in to translate your site into their language. At the same time, it hopefully helps build a bit of awareness about our system.
Here is what the little badge looks like:
It mistakenly was released early AND mistakenly linked originally to our shop page which was definitely not intended. Here’s the URL it links to now:
How to remove the Multilingualizer Badge
If you wish to remove this little badge (we really hope you don’t!), here’s how to do that:
In your Custom CSS editor, add the following little piece of CSS:
How to remove the badge through code injection or other area
If you can’t find your custom CSS editor, you can add CSS to your site through a ‘style’ block.
In your theme/template editor, or your code injection area, add the following code to hide the badge:
How to remove the Multilingualizer badge from Squarespace Cover pages
Squarespace treats the cover pages as a separate site, so if you have the badge on there, it means you also added the Multilingualizer code to your cover page through the page cogwheel. This page doesn’t inherit your custom CSS, so you’ll need to add some extra code through that cogwheel (paste this in header or footer):
How can you help?
I hope you’re all loving the Multilingualizer – we have a big upgrade coming out next week to vastly improve the language-specific menus and language-specific pages feature. This means, for your cornerstone content, you can create pages per language which is ultimately the best solution for SEO and for guaranteed nice snippets in Google search results and Facebook link sharing.
We also have new varieties of language-selectors coming for you to choose from and some other cool features we’re hoping you’ll love!
If you also think we are the best multilingual solution nobody has ever heard of, here is how you can help:
- Like our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/multilingualizer
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoTU0gZMhyzyK5GGdRVCKg
- Tell your brother, your mother, your father, your sister, your granny, your granpappy, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your dog, your cat, and anyone else who might be interested.
- Rate us and write a little sentence – these are like gold-dust for us – https://www.multilingualizer.com/shop/multilingualizer/
- Link to us – this could be in your footer, your about page, your facebook page, your Twitter page – anywhere that a multilingual audience may hear you.
Lots of love from the Multilingualizer team.